If you are looking for the best hair dryer for fine hair, then you have come to the right place. Blow drying your hair shouldn't be a fight every morning. And if you have the right equipment, it won't be.
Now if you have perfectly behaved hair that gives you no trouble at all, then any old hair dryer will do you fine. But if you're like me and have unruly locks that seemingly have a mind of their own, then you're going to need some help from technology.
All of our top picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year feature the latest technology to both protect your hair and leave you with healthy gorgeous locks.
InfinityPRO by Conair 1875 Watt Ion Choice Styler
NITION Ceramic Hair Dryer
6th Sense Professional Ionic Hair Dryer
Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
Jinri Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer
What Is an Ionic Hair Dryer?
Ionic hair dryers use negative ions to break up the water molecules on your wet hair. This process allows the smaller droplets to penetrate your hair shaft's outer layer. The results of using an ionic hair dryer are that your hair is super sleek and shiny.
Several of our picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair use ionic technology. Some of them even come with a feature that allows you to turn off the ions.
If you have very fine hair, you may or may not want to use ionic technology. When you want shiny and sleek, you turn the ions on, when you want more volume or a fuller style, you just turn them off.
Is Tourmaline Good for Fine Hair?
Some of our top picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair use tourmaline. Tourmaline is a mineral that produces negative ions when you heat it. Because tourmaline is a rare gemstone, hair dryers that use it are generally more expensive.
The benefit of using a tourmaline dryer is that it generates the most negative ions. These dryers close the cuticle leaving you with smooth, shiny locks.
While the tourmaline dryers will cost you more, they will also save you a ton of drying time. A tourmaline dryer will dry your hair 40 percent more quickly than other dryers.
What About Ceramic Hair Dryers?
Ceramic is a material usually made of clay that hair dryers often use in the body of the dryer, on the heating element, or as a coating on the parts inside. The ceramic creates a far infrared heat that protects and preserves the natural moisture in your hair as it penetrates the hair shaft.
Another benefit of using a hair dryer with ceramic technology is that it heats up quickly and evenly. Several of our top picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year use ceramic technology.
Should I Use a Titanium Hair Dryer If I Have Fine Hair?
No, if you have very fine hair, you don't need a titanium hair dryer. Titanium dryers are better for very long, thick hair.
How We Reviewed
This analysis was an independent review of the best hair dryers for fine hair. We have no business or financial ties to any of the manufacturers on our list. In our review process, we researched professional and consumer reviews.
And we also compared the features and price of each hair dryer. Our goal is to help you find the best hair dryer for fine hair.
Our Top 6 Picks for the Best Hair Dryer for Fine Hair
In no particular order here are our top six picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair.
1. InfinityPRO by Conair 1875 Watt Ion Choice Styler
Our first contender for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year is the InfinitiPRO Ion Choice by Conair. They call it Ion Choice because it lets you choose whether or not you use the ionic technology. You can turn it on to get sleek, shiny styles, and you can turn it off when you want more volume and fullness.
This Conair dryer also features ceramic technology that will be gentle on your fine hair as it heats evenly and dries quickly.
In addition to the technology, this dryer also comes with 1875 watts of power and 3 heat and 2 speed settings, along with a cool shot button. We also loved that this dryer comes with a diffuser and a concentrator attachment, and you can remove the filter for easy cleaning.
This one is an overall great dryer, and it won't cost you a fortune either. Another reason that this one is on our list for the best hair dryer for thin hair this year is that it gets killer professional and consumer ratings. Amazon customers rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Most people love this dryer, including the fact that it is gorgeous. One complaint about it is that the dryer is very loud. Some also complained that the buttons are positioned awkwardly, making it too easy to accidentally change the heat or speed settings while you're using it.
- Dry your hair like a pro with ion choice for added shine: Ions ON for sleek, smooth and shiny hair; ions OFF for fullness, curls and added volume
- Powerful professional AC motor dries hair up to 50% faster
- Ceramic Technology, uniform heat for fast & gentle drying
- 3 heat/2 speed settings for different hair types
- Diffuser and concentrator attachments included
2. NITION Ceramic Hair Dryer
Our next top pick for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year is the NITION Ceramic Hair Dryer. This dryer comes with 1875 watts of power and 2 speed and 3 heat settings with a cool shot button. But it also comes with a ton of cool technology.
First, the NITION dryer features a ceramic-coated air outlet grill which they have infused with Nano Silver, Argan oil. It also has Tourmaline to make your hair more smooth, shiny, healthy, and static-free. All of that will not only dry your hair, but it will also repair damaged hair. And the far infrared heat is very gentle on delicate fine locks.
Another thing that we love about this one is that it is compact and super lightweight. It's also a big bonus that it comes with three separate attachments: a large diffuser, a comb, and a concentrator.
If you're on a budget and don't want to break the bank to get the best hair dryer for fine hair, then the NITION is right up your alley. It's very moderately priced. It also gets excellent professional and consumer ratings. Amazon customers rate it 4.3 out of 5 stars.
One of the features that people love about this dryer is that the air inlet grill is removable for easy cleaning. People also love that it comes with two extra filters. Some complained that the dryer didn't last long enough.
- NITION New Breakthrough TECH:The ceramic coated air outlet grill is infused with Nano Silver,Argan oil,Tourmaline.making the hair more smooth,shiny,healthy,anti-static
- A lightweight body(1lb),compact size,comfortable handling.Comes with 3 Attachments(Diffuser,Comb,Concentrator).7.5ft salon power cord with hanging loop.
- 3 Heat Settings(Low/Medium/High) & 2 wind speed settings(low/high).One Cool shot button(Cool/Warm blow switchable).Easy to control the temperature and wind speed to make your favorite hairstyle at home.
3. 6th Sense Professional Ionic Hair Dryer
Our next contender for the best hair dryer for fine hair is the 6th Sense Professional Ionic Hair Dryer. This dryer is unique because they handcraft it in France and use slightly different technology than the others.
It is still capable of drying your hair with negative ions, but it doesn't use tourmaline or ceramic. One of the things that we love about this dryer is that you can use it both with and without the ions. If you are looking for a sleek, shiny style, then leave the ions on, but if you want more volume and fullness, you can turn the ions off.
The 6th Sense dryer comes with two concentrator attachments and a black velvet storage bag. It also comes with two heat settings, two speed settings, and a cool shot button. And the 1600 watts of power is perfect for drying fine hair.
Another thing that we love about this dryer is that it's super lightweight, weighing just 12 ounces. This dryer costs a bit more than some of the others, but it still gets great reviews. Amazon customers rate it 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Most people love this dryer, especially because it comes with a two-year warranty. Some complained that the dryer didn't last long enough.
- The 6th Sense Masterpiece Professional Hair Dryer is ENTIRELY HANDCRAFTED IN FRANCE for Europe’s finest salons, hotels and spas. It features LEGENDARY RELIABILITY and unheard of quality. It’s long life motor will outlast your drugstore dryer and you will never look back.
- WHITE BOX SPECIAL: Forgive our plain white box. We've had to ship in a plain white box as demand outpaced our box delivery. So, to make up for it, we are giving you our VELVET DRYER BAG SPECIAL: We’ve got a super bonus for you. Included with your Masterpiece Pro dryer is our new plush velvet dryer bag – big enough to fit your dryer, 2 concentrator nozzles and a diffuser (diffuser sold separately)! This bag is nice – thick black velvet to store your dryer or carry it in style.
4. Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer
If you have very fine hair, you may not need to use a regular hair dryer at all. One option that you have is going with a hot air brush. The Revlon One-Step is our next pick for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year.
This dryer has the perfect amount of power to dry fine hair at 1100 watts, and it comes with 3 speed and heat settings. It also features a non-removable round brush with nylon pin and tufted bristles that won't get tangled up in your hair but will give you plenty of volume.
The ceramic coating on this dryer will protect your hair from over styling, and the built-in ion generator will make your hair look shiny and healthy.
Another thing that we love about this dryer is that it comes with a four-year warranty.
The Revlon Salon One-Step is very moderately priced, and like our other picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year it gets killer reviews. Amazon customers rate it 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Most people rave about this dryer. But some complained that the motors gave out too quickly.
Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volum
izer Hot Air Brush, Mint
- Original REVLON One Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush has NEW Features
- The same Brush designed with Nylon Pin & Tufted Bristles for detangling, improved volume and control. Unique Oval Brush Design for Smoothing the Hair, while the Round Edges Create Volume. 1100-Watt power provides just the right heat. Unlike conventional hair dryers, this volumizer can be placed closer to the scalp for lift. 3 Heat/Speed Settings for Styling Flexibility
- NEW: Built with a genuine ION generator to promote faster drying and create styles full of shinier and healthier-looking hair. Still has the Ceramic Coating which helps protect hair from over-styling with even heat distribution that penetrates hair quickly and dries from the inside out
5. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
Now, if you are looking for the best of the best and you don't mind paying a pretty penny for it, then you may want the Dyson Supersonic. This compact, lightweight dryer comes with a lot of cool features and technology.
First, it measures the air temperature 20 times a second to assure that the heat stays in control. It also comes with magnetic attachments that you can put on and remove quickly and easily.
Another thing that we love about the Dyson dryer is that it has heat shield technology that keeps the whole thing from getting hot. You will never burn your hand with this one because the surface never gets hot.
One unique thing about this dryer is that the motor is in the handle. This design allows the dryer to balance perfectly in your hand.
As if all of that wasn't great enough, this dryer also has an inaudible motor that they have enveloped by a vibration reduction system. It's practically silent! So you won't wake the baby while you're drying your locks.
The Dyson Supersonic has three speed settings, four heat settings, a cool shot button, and it comes with three magnetic attachments including a smoothing nozzle, a concentrator, and a diffuser.
As I mentioned, this dryer is very expensive, but most people love it and believe that it's worth every penny. Am customers rate it 4.3 out of 5 stars. The most common two complaints about this dryer are that it costs too much and it's not durable enough. azon
- Prevents extreme heat damage
- Ultra-fast drying
- Magnetic attachments
- Dyson smoothing nozzle
- Dyson styling concentrator
- Dyson diffuser
- Cool to touch
- Lightweight and balanced
- Acoustically tuned
- 3 precise speed settings
6. Jinri Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer
Our final contender for the best hair dryer for fine hair is the Jinri Tourmaline Hair Dryer. This dryer has a professional AC motor that packs 1875 watts of power. It also has a negative ion tourmaline function that locks moisture in your hair and protects it from any heat damage.
We love that this dryer is super lightweight and low noise. It's not as silent as the Dyson Supersonic, but it's still very quiet.
The Jinri dryer comes with a concentrator attachment, and it has three heat settings, two speed settings, and a cool shot button. It also comes with a removable filter for easy cleaning.
There are a lot of things to love about this hair dryer, not the least of which is the fantastic price tag. Of all of our picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year, the Jinri gets the best professional and consumer reviews.
Amazon customers rate it 5 out of 5 stars.
Most people rave about this dryer. There really aren't many complaints about it.
Ionic Hair dryer with Ceramic Tourmaline Technology Lightweight Fast Drying Hair Blow Dryer with Concentrator 1875W Black
- [Faster drying]>>With 1875W powerful AC motor hair dryer, ultra-strong wind power and less noise.
- [Damage Protection]>>Professional Hair Dryer with Ceramic + Ionic + Tourmaline Technology: lock moisture, minimize static electricity, make sure hair more supple and healthier
- [3H2S Function adjustment ]>>Designed with 3 Heat / 2 Speeds settings and Cool Shot button，hair dryer for curly hair and straight hair.
- [Hair dryer attachments]>>With removable air filter, concentrator, hanging loopand, ALCI safety plug and 2.65m professional rope.
And the Winner Is
We really like all six of the dryers on our list this year, but if you twisted my arm and made me pick the very best hair dryer for fine hair, I would have to say the Conair InfinitiPRO Ion Choice. It comes with plenty of protective technology, and I love that you can turn off the negative ions if you want a fuller hairstyle with more volume.
A very close second is the Jinri dryer. It gets the best consumer and professional reviews, by far. And like the Conair dryer, it is very moderately priced.
If we take out the price factor, then my top pick would be the Dyson Supersonic. It's genuinely a fantastic hairdryer. The only downside to it is that it costs a small fortune.
Now we want to hear from you! Tell us in the comments section below what you think of our picks for the best hair dryer for fine hair this year. And share with our readers if you have any great styling tips for fine hair.