In this article, we’ll discuss five Revlon hair straighteners in great detail. You’ll also find further information about the brand and its history. An explanation of basic flatiron criteria, and a buyer’s guide to assist you in choosing your ideal Revlon product.
Revlon is by no means new to the cosmetics and fashion industry–the brand has been unveiling new products since 1932! So, as the years go by, Revlon only continues to be one of the leading companies when it comes to beauty products. Also, it has branched out from producing makeup to releasing an entire line of hair styling products, including several different flat irons.
Revlon Hair Straighteners : The Brand
Founded in 1932, Revlon is a well-known and highly-regarded brand in the cosmetics industry. It started out by producing nail polish and evolved into a much more widely varied producer of beauty products.
The founder of Revlon, Charles Revson, is quoted as saying, “In the factory, we make cosmetics. In the drug store, we sell hope.” With each of its products, Revlon is selling hope to its customers.
Huge acclaim reached the company in the 1950s, with Revlon’s legendary Fire and Ice nail polish and lipstick campaign gracing the cover of Vogue. In the 1960s, Revlon changed the conversation by introducing the “American Look” to the rest of the world.
Along with the feminist movement of the ‘70s, Revlon developed new products that mirrored women’s progress. The ‘80s were a period of transition in which Revlon shifted from a department store cosmetics line to one of the top mass-market beauty brands. Therefore, from then on, Revlon continued to develop new products and grow as one of the most widely-known brands in the United States as well as around the world.
Revlon has been featured in numerous magazines and has been endorsed by a large number of celebrities. These include (but definitely are not limited to!) Halle Berry, Cindy Crawford, Salma Hayek, Shania Twain, Alessandra Ambrosio, Emma Stone, and Olivia Wilde.
Revlon is a philanthropic brand as well; not only does it run the Revlon Run Walk for breast and ovarian cancer. But the company also supports other cancer charities such as Look Good Feel Better and the National Breast Cancer Coalition.
Revlon’s Hair Straighteners – Top 5 Flatirons
Here you’ll find in-depth descriptions and reviews of Revlon’s top-rated flatirons. We’ll tell you where each item falls on our criteria above. As well as its specs and other customers’ reactions to the products.
Style Expert 1” Vibrating Digital Flatiron Revlon Hair Straighteners
This product features 1” ceramic ionic plates, which are great for smoothing out hair and reducing frizz. They emit negative ions that seal in your hair’s moisture and eliminate static. Also, they have the ideal size for waving and curling your hair, in addition to straightening.
The unique pulse technology of this flatiron is one of its greatest features. This technology combines heat and vibration for effortless glide and speedier hair styling. With a maximum temperature of 430 degrees and a digital screen that shows the iron’s current temperature, you’ll easily be able to choose the right amount of heat for your hair.
The tourmaline coating on the plates of this iron makes for smooth, silky, frizz-free results. The silicone grips on this iron provide a safe, damage-free glide.
Reactions to this flatiron were generally positive. The customers called it a good product and mentioned that it was similar to another flatiron that was priced five times higher!
Check prices and ratings
1-½” Ceramic Flatiron Revlon Hair Straighteners
You’ll love how the large 1-½” plates cut your styling time in half by covering a larger amount of hair. These plates provide high, even heat that penetrates hair from the inside out. It prevents damage and preserves your hair’s natural moisture.
High, constant heat sensors monitor the temperature carefully. They quickly restore heat to the optimal styling level. In addition, this flatiron can heat up to its highest temperature in thirty seconds. Finally, silicone finger grips give you a better hold while styling.
Customers loved this product, explaining that they highly recommended it. They also loved the great heat and the width of the plates. One more negative consumer mentioned that the iron didn’t get hot enough to straighten her hair.
Check prices and ratings
Essentials Ultra Straight ¾” Flatiron Revlon Hair Straighteners
This iron features 400-degree heat and thin plates that are perfect for styling each and every strand of hair. The ceramic-coated plates will make your hair shine like never before. The flatiron works to eliminate split ends and frizz.
Other features include a 30-second heat-up, a high/low/off switch, silicone finger grips, an “on” indicator light, and a two-year limited warranty. This product will give you precise styling with every use.
Similar to the 1-½” ceramic flatiron, this iron has high, constant heat sensors which monitor the temperature and keep it at the best heat level to style your hair.
Consumers called this a great product but admitted that it had its pros and cons. Some of the pros mentioned by customers included its high effectiveness and a great price as well as its ability to heat up quickly. According to consumers, one negative point is that the flatiron pulled their hair.
Check prices and ratings
Perfect Heat 1” Ceramic Flatiron Revlon Hair Straighteners
The triple-baked ceramic, tourmaline-coated plates provide high, even heat that penetrates hair from the inside out, helping hair retain natural moisture for frizz-free styles. It has 30 heat settings with an Auto-Off function as well.
The easy-grip handle makes straightening your hair a more comfortable process, and the separate on/off switch with an “on” indicator light makes taking control of your iron simple.
Customers said this was a purchase well worth the money and that it worked great. Some unhappy consumers mentioned that it was “so so” and that it wasn’t great for thick hair.
Check prices and ratings
Revlon Hair Straighteners Buying Guide
Now that you’ve read through our five in-depth descriptions of Revlon’s top five flat irons, you might not know how to decide which iron is best. Read on for a brief buying guide that will give you tips on picking your ideal product!
- For the ideal basic flatiron, the Perfect Heat 1” Ceramic Flatiron is a great choice. It has all the necessary features without too many frills, and it gets the job done.
- If you have an eye for detail, choose the Essentials Ultra Straight ¾” Flatiron. Its thin plates give you ultimate control over your hair.
- To keep up with the latest technology, try out the Style Expert 1” Vibrating Digital Flatiron. Its mix of heat and vibration is perfect for straightening or otherwise styling your hair.
- If you have thick or textured hair, the 1-½” Ceramic Flatiron is an ideal choice for you because the large plates will cover more hair with each pass.
6 Tips for a Perfect Hairstyle. How To Straighten Your Right Hair With A Plate
Women who have straight hair from birth want to have curly or wavy hair and vice versa. It’s pretty hard to be a woman and look good all the time. That’s why women make all kinds of changes, especially when it comes to hair or hairstyles.
Below, you will find a series of tips with which you can straighten your hair with a straight and keep it as healthy as possible:
- When you want to straighten your hair with a flatiron, it is essential that the ceramic parts are extremely clean. You can wipe them with a damp cloth before plugging in the flatiron and as long as the ceramic tiles are not hot.
- Before getting to work, the hair straightener should be well warmed. If it is not well heated, you will have to insist on those portions of the strand and your hair will burn, which I don’t think anyone wants.
- To style your hair in this way immediately after taking a bath, you must have perfectly dry hair. Dry it with a hairdryer or brush to prevent it from burning. You should never straighten your hair when your hair is still wet.
- Before drying your hair and straightening it with a straightener, you must use a protective oil to protect your hair a little. It is very important to do this to have healthy hair despite the rather harmful technique.
- You need to split your hair into thin strands and start from the nape of the neck. The hair on the back of the neck should be straightened first, then continue with the rest of the hair. Do not keep the hair on the strand too long so as not to hurt it more.
- At the beginning, it is advisable to straighten thin strands so that you do not have to apply for the flatiron several times on the hair or keep the flatiron on the strands for a long time. If you do this, your hair will be affected a lot, especially if you do it regularly.