To fine-haired girls, it may seem like all the curling irons on the market are meant for girls with thicker hair! Today’s trends of high temperatures and ultra-wide barrels aren’t the best choice if you have thinner hair. Because of this, it can be difficult to find a curling iron or wand that seems to be made with thin-haired girls in mind. There are hair curling iron sizes specific for each hair type.
In this article, we’ll show you five different curling iron options for girls with fine hair. We’ll also talk about the reasons why girls with thin hair should use different curling irons, examine the criteria for a good curling iron, and give you a helpful buying guide.
Why should girls with fine hair buy different curling irons?
It might seem like fine-haired girls should be able to use any curling iron. Well, they can–but it’s not the best choice. Fine hair is easier to damage, and the high temperatures that many popular products boast of can actually fry thin hair. With continued use at a high temperature, split ends and even crunchy-feeling hair can result.
Another reason thin-haired girls should purchase different types of curling irons is because wide barrels have become popular as of late. Thin-haired girls typically have shorter hair because it’s harder to grow out, so wide barrels make it nearly impossible to curl hair. Thinner barrels allow girls with shorter hair to wrap their hair around the barrel completely.
Try Some Puffs For FREE
We're Giving Makeup Puffs away for FREE to all of our subscribers! What are you waiting for?
Criteria for a Good Curling Iron
In order to be considered high-quality, there are a few criteria all curling irons must fall under. Below, you’ll find each of the most important aspects. It is imperative to know how to choose the right curling iron. When we show you our top five curling irons for fine hair, these are the standards we’ll be judging them by.
- Material: Generally, curling irons are made from either Teflon, ceramic, tourmaline, metal, or titanium.
- Metal curling irons generate positive ions that open the hair shaft and cause dryness and damage. Avoid these at all costs!
- Titanium barrels heat up more evenly and take less time to curl hair.
- Teflon-coated barrels keep hair from snagging. However, the coating tends to wear off over time.
- Ceramic and tourmaline barrels are the best for your hair. They give off negative ions which seal the hair shaft rather than opening it. This means smoother, sleeker hair!
- Size: Generally, curling irons range in size from ½ inch barrels to 2 inch barrels. The larger the barrel, the looser the curl. Short-haired girls may need smaller barrels to achieve the curls they’re looking for.
- Steam curling irons are helpful when handling hard-to-curl hair. They’re also less damaging to hair than the usual dry heat.
- Cordless curling irons are extremely convenient and great for travel. However, they often have to be charged, which can become a nuisance.
- Brush curling irons comb through your hair as they curl it. This can be convenient and also leaves you with smoother-looking hair.
Top 5 Curling Irons for Fine Hair
Here you’ll find in-depth descriptions and reviews of our top 5 curling irons. Each of these is considered a best curling iron brand. We’ll tell you where each item falls on our criteria above, as well as its specs and other customers’ thoughts on the product.
1) Remington T Studio Ceramic Curling Wand
This tapered wand is 1 inch at its widest point and ½ inch at its narrowest point. It features ceramic pearl technology for the smoothest salon finish possible, and the tapered barrel can create a variety of different types of curls. The narrow end of the barrel is especially helpful for fine-haired girls.
This wand is capable of heating up to a salon-grade 410 degrees, but thin-haired girls should use a lower heat setting in order to keep from damaging their hair. Automatic shutoff and an included heat protective glove are just a couple more of this curling wand’s great features.
The vast majority of buyers loved this product. Customers talked about how long-lasting the curls were and how they received compliments left and right whenever they styled their hair with this wand!
2) Hot Tools Professional Curling Iron
There are different curling iron sizes by hot tools, from a little ⅜ inch to 2 inches, so fine-haired girls can choose the size that will work best for them! The barrel is gold-plated with a cool tip to make styling a breeze. The heating element is heavy-duty and has a long lifespan.
Hot Tools made a point of saying that this curling iron is great for all hair types, so thin-haired girls have no need to worry! However, this product does heat up to an impressive 428 degrees, so lower the temperature if you don’t want to fry your hair.
An eight-foot round swivel cord and soft grip handle make styling your hair easier and more comfortable than ever. Users of this product called it the best curler on the market and said it was an amazing curling iron!
3) Infiniti Pro by Conair Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron
Ranging in different Conair curling iron sizes from ½ inch to 1 ½ inches, fine-haired girls have plenty of sizes to choose from! This product promises perfect curls for a full 24 hours, even in humidity! The extra-smooth tourmaline ceramic surface guarantees superior performance and sleek, smooth hair.
There are five precision heat settings to choose from, and the heater only takes 30 seconds to heat up. An auto-shutoff feature gives you peace of mind, and a protective heat shield is included for safe, easy storage. A tangle-free swivel cord makes it easy to style your hair as well.
Customers said this item was wonderful and even called it the best ever. Although a few users complained about an issue with the cool tip, overall reviews were positive.
4) Elechomes Studio Salon Digital Ceramic Curling Wand
This wand features nano ceramic technology, which provides high, even heat that penetrates hair from inside-out, helping reduce static and frizz for distinctive smooth hair with shiny curls. An LCD screen displays the wand’s temperature (up to 410 degrees), and easy temperature control with rapid heat speed makes for a simple styling process.
A swivel cord and auto off feature are also included. Customers said the wand was salon quality for a low price, and one user added that her hair was shinier and bouncier than ever before! Perfect for a girl looking for a way to boost her fine hair’s volume.
Check prices and ratings on Amazon
5) BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron
This curling iron has a lot to offer, starting with the way it combines an exclusive Sol Gel technology with a titanium/ceramic barrel to transfer heat and deliver smoothing/shining negative ions. It also has 50 different heat settings, making it perfect for fine-haired girls who prefer to use lower heat.
An 8-foot tangle-free swivel cord ensures convenience in using the product. Customers raved about the effectiveness and value of this iron. They also said that it was easy to use. Many even added that it made their hair shinier than ever before.
Curling Irons Buying Guide
Now that you’ve read through our five in-depth descriptions of the best curling irons for fine hair, you might not be able to decide which curling iron is the right one for you or which one will suit your hair perfectly. Read on for a brief buying guide that will give you tips on choosing the ideal product!
- If you’re looking for plenty of heat options, choose the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron – it has 50 different heat settings, so you can choose the safest temperature to protect your hair!
- For a wand thin enough for the finest hair, check out the Hot Tools Professional Curling Iron. It has 7 different sizes, so you can pick the perfect one for your hair type.
- Searching for a tapered wand to create varied looks? The Remington T Studio Ceramic Curling Wand is perfect. It tapers from 1 inch to ½ inch to create curls that are larger at the top and smaller at the bottom.
- For a high-tech model, choose the Elechomes Studio Salon Digital Ceramic Curling Wand. It features nano ceramic technology and an LCD screen.
- If you need a wand that promises perfect hair for a full day, the Infiniti Pro by Conair Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron is a great choice.
Whether you choose a wand that takes advantage of the latest technology or a wand that provides a wide range of heat, your pick is sure to make styling your fine hair better than ever before!
What size curling iron should I use?
Worry no more; we have rounded up the best size of a curling iron. For those who do not know, there are different curling iron barrel sizes to choose from. These different barrel sizes in curling iron determine that result of the curl. Choose the right curling iron sizes and results will come out just like the way you want them to be.
List of curling iron sizes
So, does the different sizes and texture of curling iron matter? The answer is yes. Here is your ultimate curling iron size guide:
- ⅜ inch curling iron (great for short shoulder-length hair)
- ½ inch curling iron (great for short bob-cut hair)
- ⅝ inch curling iron (great for medium shoulder-length hair)
- ¾ inch curling iron (great for thick shoulder-length hair)
- 1-inch curling iron (great for any hair type)
- 1 ¼ inch curling iron (great for long and medium shoulder-length hair)
- 1 ½ inch curling iron (great for long hair)
- 1.75-inch curling iron (great for long hair)
- 2-inch curling iron (great for long hair)
As you can see, the last three sizes are the best size of curling iron for long hair. Curling iron sizes for long hair are usually those on the thicker barrel size range or thick curling iron sizes. You can also check out different curling iron sizes chart online for a more comprehensive comparison. It is very essential to note that the curling iron sizes and curls you want to have are related.
Last update on 2023-03-23 at 07:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API